Yesterday we went for another baby check up and ultrasound and decided we would take the kids along. First of all, baby is still a BOY! That was one of the big questions! The kids loved seeing the baby, although most of it was confusing for them. They got to see his heart beat {and hear it}, his kidneys, his spine, and all the rest the good stuff. While the ultrasound tech was showing the kids the heart and kidneys Kyler was like "look the babys belly button" we all giggled and try to explain that the baby doesnt have one yet. {He didn't quite understand.}
Ultrasound looked good! The doc has been mostly concerned about my placenta lying on top of my bladder but it looks like it is slowly moving up, which is a good thing! She measured my amniotic fluid and it measured at 14cm, they like it at at least 10! So yay for drinking enough water! His heart is developing perfectly and he has a great heartbeat at 156 along with his kidneys and other organs!
I am still suffering horribly from acid reflux and the morning vomiting is killing me. I have been taking Pepcid AC for 2 weeks now {plus living off of tums} and it hasn't been helping much. We have decided to up that to 2 pills a day and see how that goes! I got my results back on my red blood cell count and I am anemic. No big just one more pill to remember to pop each morning! Also my hemoglobin A1C (a blood test that shows your average sugar levels over the last 90 days) has gone down to a 6.1 (3 months ago it was 7.1, 9 months ago it was 10.2). So in a nutshell we are getting my sugars under control for the most part. We aren't satisfied with that number but happy to see we have made progress. It is one thing to control sugar levels, but hard as sin when you are preggo.
The doctor {& I} are SO happy that all has gone well thus far! I would love to say that either of us feel at ease, but sadly the next 2 months is the hardest for me being pregnant. We will begin doing fetal monitoring in 2 weeks, starting at once a week for 2 weeks, then move to twice a week {unless we see a need to do it more}. I truly hope that the next 2 months fly by with ease and come November I will be holding my precious lil guy and taking him home!
Overall baby is doing great and doctor is still amazing! Oh, and the best part of the day.. Jaelin! This little girl cracks me up. After the ultrasound I had to wait for the Dr, so tony decided to take the kids to park (kids can only sit in a waiting room for SO long). When I got done they were waiting out in the lobby and Jaelin says (as she was trying to pull up my shirt) let me see where they cut you open to check on the baby. Tony & I couldn't quit laughing. I tried to explain they wont cut my belly until they are ready to actually take the baby out. {might I add the best perk of a c-section is that I LOVE being able to answer the kids truthfully when they ask me how the baby will come out}
2015
10 years ago

1 comments:
YAy for awesome news!!! I hope it flies by for you too!! :)))
Post a Comment