Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Due to the weekend wedding (prior post) we were really hoping for the opportunity to sleep in on Sunday morning. The kids' had a different idea.

6:48 Sunday morning I can hear whispering at the foot of the bed, but I thought if I pretended not to hear them they would just go watch tv. That was not the case. The kids (mostly Kyler) had prepared breakfast for their dad. They were SO excited to give him his toast and milk, and the card Kyler had made for him at Summer school.

The kids' were full of delight as they watched their dad choke down his very dry toast, and attempt to drink milk. Tony is NOT a milk drinker, never has been. The best part was the toast hardly had any butter on it, so it was very dry. That goes back to Mother's Day, when the kids' made me toast for breakfast. There was SO much butter on it that is all I could taste. So we told Kyler to only put a little butter on the toast, hence we now get dried toast.

All in all it was the perfect start for Father's Day. Though I successfully only got 6.5 hours asleep, how can you be upset over such a kind gesture from your kids'.

After we got up, cleaned up the house, packed food we headed out for a Sunday drive with some of Tony's family. WOW the was one LONG and rough ride. The roads were so washed out, but it was absolutely beautiful up there. After a long 8 hour drive I was happy to be home, showered and off to bed.

Cute little Cabin we found!

Beautiful mountain scenery




Most importantly I should say how much I TRULY love my husband and all he does for our family. I am also blessed to have 2 amazing dads who I know would do anything in their powers for me if needed. They have both been a huge part of my life in different aspects and I love them for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment